Monday, September 22, 2008

Hello people!! Yay dis is my second post! Haha....

So anywae 2dae's post is about Charcos;the flaming chicken.

Yesterday,i went to break-fast(buka) with my family at charcos.
I got to know about it from my eldest sister. According to her, the eatery serves tremendous barbequed food and ribs! And it is affordable too! So the rest of my family decided to head on down to ANG MO KIO and give it a try!


The amazing thing about charcos is that it is situated in the heartlands. You do not need to dress neatly to dine here. It is tucked in a corner of a coffeeshop at ang mo kio avenue 5. Block 608 to be precise.


The first thing i saw when i reached was this huge banner. My first impression was "Eh,abit ex leh. Not like what my sis told me."

Well maybe that's because i havent seen the food portion and what else they have to offer.

Upon looking and further investigating the menu, i realised that hey,it is actually quite cheap. You can get their signature 1/4 charcos chicken meal with fries/3 salads for just $5.50! Top-up $1 to change your chicken to the portugese chicken.

On the other hand, ribs with chips can be yours for just $7.50! Slightly less than half the price of what is offered at swensens!

This is where they proudly display their charco's and portugese chicken.

The portugese chicken looks burnt, just like portugese egg tarts. But i guess this is due to their marinate, since its supposed to be spicy.


This is their salad bar. Seven different mouth watering salads to choose from. Their seafood salad was superb! There were also avocado chicken salad and tuna pasta salad to name a few.
If you were to order the slimmer meals, you can choose 3 kinds of salad to go with your chicken/ribs/schnitzel.

Charcos not onli serves chicken or ribs or even schnitzel but they also serve kebabs and burgers and briyani too!


This is what my brother in-law ate. 1/4 charco's chicken slimmer meal. He had caesar,egg and seafood salad as his side dish.




As for me, i had ribs with chips. The ribs is quite huge;about 1 & 1/2 times your palm size. As for the chips, there were just too many of them. To be honest, i couldnt finish my meal. And so was the rest of my family. Btw,the pic above is not what i ordered. I got the pic from the internet. Hehe.

Overall, i think that charco's is a great place to go to if your low on cash but want to satisfy your hunger and cravings for barbequed food! That is if you're living in ang mo kio or in that vicinity.

The taste of the food is just average. The portion is humongous. I wouldnt mind going there again in the distant future. But certainly, i wouldn't make it a place to visit often. Its not worth the time and money to go there, eat, and then go home;especially since im living in the West area.

So well, that's just my views. Go and try, and tell me yours! :D

No comments: